From Sept. 11th to 28th, the Carolina Ballet offered three balletic jewels to enraptured audiences in the A.J. Fletcher Opera Theater in Raleigh, NC. Few realize the true gem Raleigh has under Robert Weiss’ artistic direction. With 17 years at the helm of the Carolina Ballet, one would believe that he would be slowing down […]
- “The Blues Project” by Dorrance Dance Is a Great Evening of Music and Dance at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Carolina Ballet’s Production of “The Firebird” Was Very Pleasing to Watch and Very Beautifully Danced
- Two choreographers complement and contrast at Carolina Ballet’s “Firebird”
- ADF’s “Footprints” Features World Premieres by Carl Flink, Leonie McDonagh, and Netta Yerushalmy
“Labor Day” is all Schmaltz (Comments Off)
What happened to Jason Reitman? Where has the cool, hip son of Ivan Reitman who made sly, hilarious films run off to? Going by his latest, “Labor Day,” my first guess would be up his you-know-what. Frank (Josh Brolin) is an escaped killer who comes across young Henry and his mom Adele (Kate Winslet) in […]
On Aug. 9th, the Pat Metheny Unity Group Rocked The Carolina Theatre Like No Other Jazz Group (Comments Off)
The Pat Metheny Unity Group, which played The Carolina Theatre on Saturday, Aug. 9th, includes (from left) Chris Potter, Antonio Sanchez, Ben Williams, Giulio Carmassi, and Pat Metheny Only a genius would have the guts to open a set with the 42-string Pikasso guitar. That genius is Pat Metheny. And he blew away everyone […]
Christopher Durang’s Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike is a hybrid outing, injecting the aura of Russian dramaturge, Anton Chekhov, within the realm of a comedic drama. Attendees of the 2013 Tony Award winner for Best Play, need not to be educated on Chekhov nor be a patron of the arts to enjoy this farcical tale of characters vastly different in behavior and thought, yet parallel to […]
Twin City Stage Announces Auditions for The Outsiders (Comments Off)
Twin City Stage will hold auditions for The Outsiders from 2-5 p.m. on Sunday, August 24 at the Arts Council Theatre, 610 Coliseum Drive, Winston-Salem. No appointment is necessary. Teen rivalry in a small Southern town sets the stage for this dramatic interpretation by Christopher Sergel of the novel by S. E. Hinton. Seen through […]
WRAL’s Scott Mason releases Tar Heel Traveler Eats (Comments Off)
Scott Mason is the Tar Heel Traveler and he loves to eat hot dogs, cheeseburgers, barbecue, biscuits, and ice cream served in crumbling cinder-block buildings and ramshackle dives along the back roads of North Carolina.
A local girl- Madelyn Grace Herring of Benson- recently took home a big title in the pageant world: Tiny Miss NC. In order to win the honorable title, little Madelyn, or “Maddie,” as she is often called, had to compete in interview and two modeling competitions- one designed to assess her poise and grace in […]
- Harnett Regional Theatre Opens “The Fox on the Fairway…” And It’s Going to Be Fantastic!
- DPAC Hopes Triangle Theatergoers Will Have the Time of Their Lives at “Dirty Dancing” on Sept. 16-21
- PRC’s Season Opener Is the 2013 Tony®-Winning Comedy “Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike”
- PlayMakers opens season Sept. 17 with Tony Award-winning comedy
Two chances to see BRONX OBAMA in August! (Comments Off)
This story of a Barack Obama impersonator’s dogged attempt to cash in on a “look of a lifetime” is at once hilarious and heartfelt.
- The Cinema, Inc. Offers 12 Classic Films for Just $20
- Trick of Treat? Triangle Mentalist Magician Joshua Lozoff Says “Now You See Me” Is a Treat!
- Want to See “Zero Dark Thirty,” “Iron Man 3,” “The Great Gatsby,” “Man of Steel,” Etc., for FREE?
- SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES: The Cinema, Inc. Offers 12 Classic Films for Just $20, Starting Sept. 9th
The Volunteer Board of the North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA) recently won two paintings by Dutch Golden Age painter Jacob van Toorenvliet in a Bonhams auction
TOURtech Donates IT Services to Farm Aid 2014 Concert (Comments Off)
TOURtech, a managed IT services company for corporate, sporting and entertainment events will provide $19,000 in WIFI and networking for the Farm Aid 2014 concert at Walnut Creek Amphitheatre Saturday, Sept. 13.
The Durham Performing Arts Center audience decided by unanimous vote on opening night that director James Powell’s Dirty Dancing: The Classic Story on Stage is delightful, delovely, and delicious. In spite of some opening-night sound problems and a rather stilted performance from Samuel Pergande as Johnny Castle, a role made famous by screen idol Patrick […]
- Temple Theatre’s Rendition of the 1943 Rodgers and Hammerstein Musical “Oklahoma!” Is a Hit
- NRACT’s Production of “Xanadu” Embraces All Things Tacky
- UNC Process Series’ “New Generation Project” Makes the African-American Art Song Contemporary
- “The Iron Curtain Trilogy” by David Edgar Is as Relevant Today as It Was When It Was Written