On Thursday, Oct. 9th, Carolina Ballet ushered in the season of ghosts and ghouls with its elegant and eerie production of Dracula, presented in the A.J. Fletcher Opera Theater in downtown Raleigh, NC. Skillfully choreographed by Lynne Taylor-Corbett, the ballet features J. Mark Scearce’s suspenseful score, David Heuvel’s always-luscious costume designs, impressive lighting effects by […]
- “Dracula” Swoops in Dramatically to the Carolina Ballet
- Carolina Ballet’s “Firebird” Sizzled at Raleigh’s A.J. Fletcher Opera Theater on Sept. 11-28
- “The Blues Project” by Dorrance Dance Is a Great Evening of Music and Dance at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Carolina Ballet’s Production of “The Firebird” Was Very Pleasing to Watch and Very Beautifully Danced
“Labor Day” is all Schmaltz (Comments Off)
What happened to Jason Reitman? Where has the cool, hip son of Ivan Reitman who made sly, hilarious films run off to? Going by his latest, “Labor Day,” my first guess would be up his you-know-what. Frank (Josh Brolin) is an escaped killer who comes across young Henry and his mom Adele (Kate Winslet) in […]
On Aug. 9th, the Pat Metheny Unity Group Rocked The Carolina Theatre Like No Other Jazz Group (Comments Off)
The Pat Metheny Unity Group, which played The Carolina Theatre on Saturday, Aug. 9th, includes (from left) Chris Potter, Antonio Sanchez, Ben Williams, Giulio Carmassi, and Pat Metheny Only a genius would have the guts to open a set with the 42-string Pikasso guitar. That genius is Pat Metheny. And he blew away everyone […]
Kudos to Raleigh Little Theatre for shouldering a production of Desire Under the Elms by Nobel Laureate (and three-time Pulitzer Prize winner) Eugene O’Neill, America’s foremost playwright of the 20th century. His work was not easy to deal with in the early part of last century, and is even more difficult in the beginning of […]
- NRACT’s “Steel Magnolias” Captures the True Heart of This Southern Classic
- NCT’s Vibrant Version of “A Chorus Line” Will Dazzle and Delight Triangle Theatergoers Through Oct. 19th
- DPAC’s “Phantom” Proves Some Stories Are Better Left Unchanged
- Cameron Mackintosh’s New Production of “Phantom of the Opera” Thrills at DPAC Through Oct. 19th
Twin City Stage will hold auditions for Macy’s YES, VIRGINIA THE MUSICAL from 1-5 p.m. on Sunday, November 2 at the Arts Council Theatre
Wine lovers around the globe are encouraged to blog, tweet, post and share their celebrations with using #ChampagneDay.
Dr. Peter Sacco, host of the TV series ‘Niagara’s Most Haunted,’ offers many true, spine-chilling tales from the grave in his book, Paranormal Niagara: Cases of the Mysterious and the Macabre.
Two chances to see BRONX OBAMA in August! (Comments Off)
This story of a Barack Obama impersonator’s dogged attempt to cash in on a “look of a lifetime” is at once hilarious and heartfelt.
- The Cinema, Inc. Offers 12 Classic Films for Just $20
- Trick of Treat? Triangle Mentalist Magician Joshua Lozoff Says “Now You See Me” Is a Treat!
- Want to See “Zero Dark Thirty,” “Iron Man 3,” “The Great Gatsby,” “Man of Steel,” Etc., for FREE?
- SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE MOVIES: The Cinema, Inc. Offers 12 Classic Films for Just $20, Starting Sept. 9th
The Volunteer Board of the North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA) recently won two paintings by Dutch Golden Age painter Jacob van Toorenvliet in a Bonhams auction
Wilmington, North Carolina is America’s Best Riverfront According to USA TODAY 10 Best Readers’ Choice Contest (0)
USA TODAY 10Best Ranking Shines Spotlight on Wilmington’s Vibrant Riverfront
- Voices Kicks Off 2014-2015 Season with “In Praise of Women”—Celebrating Madonna, Lover, Saint
- Mallarme receives a Mary Duke Biddle Foundation grant to support their new in-school initiative
- Broughton Theatre Teams with NC Author to Fund Journey to Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- Magnolia Fest 2014 Schedule Announced: Lyle Lovett & His Acoustic Group, Jason Isbell, The Indigo Girls, Dr. John and The Night Trippers, Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn
Reimagined Version of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “The Phantom of the Opera” Will Haunt DPAC on Oct. 8-19 (Comments Off)
A boldly reimagined version of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s 1986 West End and 1988 Broadway backstage musical, The Phantom of the Opera, will haunt the Durham Performing Arts Center, in the American Tobacco District, on Oct. 8-12 and 14-19. 2014 North American Tour director Laurence Connor and his creative team have “refreshed” the longest-running show in […]