The Triangle is home to a strong community of people in the creative arts; and it was more evident than ever on opening night, Sept. 24th, when the world premieres of Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto and The Planets lit up the stage at Raleigh Memorial Auditorium. Two of this area’s brightest stars, Carolina Ballet’s artistic director […]
Twice the delight from Rob Thomas & Plain White T’s (Comments Off)
Unexpected circumstances didn’t deter those immersed in Charlotte’s Uptown Amphitheater at NC Music Factory Tuesday night from coming to see Grammy Award winning artist and lead singer of pop rock multi-platinum superstars Matchbox Twenty, Rob Thomas. Apart of The Great Unknown Tour supporting the album released this year and bearing the same name, the show […]
“The Rivals” Is a Complicated, Witty, and Thoroughly Enjoyable 18th Century Comedy of Manners at RLT (0)
Actors Comedy Lab and Raleigh Little Theatre’s joint production of The Rivals by Richard Brinsley Sheridan is a witty and thoroughly enjoyable 18th century “Comedy of Manners,” which was said to have been George Washington’s favorite play. Director and Actors Comedy Lab co-founder Rod Rich, displays considerable talent in his staging of this show. Rich […]
Twin City Stage will hold auditions for Macy’s YES, VIRGINIA THE MUSICAL on Sunday, October 18 at the Arts Council Theatre, 610 Coliseum Drive, Winston-Salem. Auditions for actors ages 7-15 will begin at 5 pm and auditions for actors 16+ will begin at 7 pm. Eight-year-old Virginia O’Hanlon has always loved Christmas. When an […]
- Honest Pint Theatre Company announces auditions for William Shakespeare’s HAMLET
- Forest Moon Theater, Wake Forest’s Community Theater, will hold open auditions for its upcoming production of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
- Auditions for “One Lane Bridge”
- Twin City Stage Announces Auditions for Swingtime Canteen
Each Wednesday, the designers provide a detailed online update on their progress, sharing photos of their work, tips and advice and insights about sources with a large following of passionate design enthusiasts. In the sixth week, the completed makeovers of all 20 challenge rooms are unveiled in a dramatic “reveal” that occurs on all of the participating designers’ websites.
Starring North Carolina! Celebration Features Monthly Film Series, Film Festival and Programs (Comments Off)
The exhibit Starring North Carolina! at the N.C. Museum of History in Raleigh is part of a larger celebration that features a monthly film series, the Longleaf Film Festival and programs for all ages.
North Carolina Museum of Art Presents Three Free Exhibitions Opening in September 2015 (Comments Off)
Exhibitions feature contemporary sculpture, photographs of children, and video installations Raleigh, N.C.—The North Carolina Museum of Art (NCMA) presents three free exhibitions opening in September 2015: Chisel and Forge: Works by Peter Oakley and Elizabeth Brim, featuring playful sculptures by two contemporary North Carolina artists; The Energy of Youth: Depicting Childhood in the NCMA’s […]
- 26th Regiment N.C. Troops, Reactivated, Funds Conservation of Battle of New Bern Confederate Flag
- North Carolina Museum of Art Announces New Plan for Museum Park
- North Carolina Museum of Art Volunteers Win Two Paintings in Auction
- Watergate Exhibit at N.C. Museum of History Wins 2014 AASLH Award of Merit
Gov. McCrory Proclaims Arts in Education Week (Comments Off)
Thank you Governor McCrory, for being the first Governor to recognize Arts in Education Week and the abiding value of ensuring that every child in North Carolina has a complete education that includes arts training, arts integration, and arts exposure. Use this visible support to advocate for arts education in your community THIS WEEK, September […]
Broadway Series South Will Present a “Wickedly Witty” Adaptation of “The Screwtape Letters” Oct. 2-4 (0)
This weekend, Broadway Series South will host the National Tour of C.S. Lewis’ The Screwtape Letters for four performances Oct. 2-4 in A.J. Fletcher Opera Theater in the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts in the heart of downtown Raleigh, NC. The New York City-based Fellowship for Performing Arts founder and artistic director Max […]
- “Beautiful” at DPAC Chronicles Carole King’s Metamorphosis from Teenaged Songwriter to Star
- Lively and Eager Forest Moon Theater Cast Performs “Deathtrap” with Brio
- “Isn’t It Romantic”? — Yes, Cary Players, It Is!
- The Bases Were Loaded and “PlaySlam!” Was a Grand Slam for The ArtsCenter in Carrboro!