Each week two teams compete for the audience’s vote
CARRBORO, NC –DSI Comedy Theater is kicking off the summer with some heated competition. Throughout the month of June, the theater is hosting CageMatch every Friday night at 9:30 p.m. Each week, a winner and a challenger will face-off and the audience will decide who gets to perform the next week and who gets to go home. Tickets cost $10 and are available at the door and online at www.dsicomedy.com. DSI Comedy Theater is located at 200 N. Greensboro Street, in the Carr Mill Mall between Elmo’s and Southern Rail.
- Beginning June 3, two brand new improv teams from DSI Comedy will have the opportunity to make people laugh and win audience votes. The winner each week comes back the following Friday to defend their title.
- CageMatch Schedule:
- Friday, June 3rd, 9:30 p.m.: Smalltown, USA (Take a stroll through Smalltown, USA where all our improvised characters are interconnected) vs. Fortune Cookie (Improvisers create a series of scenes randomly inspired by the wisdom of Fortune Cookies)
- Friday, June 10th, 9:30 p.m. winner vs. Mullet (Short scenes up top. Long scenes in the back. Always a party. )
- Friday, June 17, 9:30 p.m. winner vs. Fantastic Beast (Two guys who begin with a conversation about something you would never discuss at the dinner table
- Friday, June 24, 9:30 p.m. winner vs. Retweeted (Improv based on what’s trending on Twitter)
About DSI Comedy Theater www.dsicomedy.com
DSI Comedy Theater, an 84-seat non-smoking theater located in Carrboro, North Carolina, boasts a local company of 45 active performers and a national network of almost 100 professional comedians. A dedicated member of its community, the theatre continues to reach out to the greater Triangle region with fundraisers, outreach, and educational opportunities for all ages and abilities. It is the home of the DSI Comedy Training Center, which offers new classes every month in the art of improvisation, stand-up and sketch comedy. Zach Ward, Owner and Executive Producer of DSI, has trained improv talent featured on television (Jeff Richards, Saturday Night Live, MADtv), the big screen (Maddy Curley, Disney’s Stick it), and students now featured at IO Chicago, IO West, UCBT-NY and UCBT-LA, Second City, and Boom (Amsterdam).