Entry Deadline: 9/5/11 by 5:00pm
Visual artists are invited to submit their work to be exhibited and featured at Cary Visual Art’s 15th Annual Art Ball to be held November 4, 2011 in Cary, North Carolina. Cary Visual Art is celebrating its 15th year in non-profit public art excellence at the annual gala fundraiser. The artwork will be curated by a panel, and will be on preview display before the evening of November 4th online and also in a gallery setting. The evening of the gala, the artwork will be part of the fundraiser’s silent auction. The artist will retain their own set price for the sale of their artwork, and agree to donate the proceeds beyond the set price to Cary Visual Art for their mission, as they continue to inspire the arts and build community.
Email completed Artist Application Form and images (300 dpi or higher) to: Clare.Sifford@caryvisualart.org, or post to: Cary Visual Art, Attention: Clare Sifford, PO Box 4322, Cary, NC 27519. All applications must be received by 5pm on September 5, 2011 to be considered.
Eligibility and Guidelines:
1. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and reside in the U.S.
2. All submissions must be received by postal mail or email by September 5, 2011.
3. Artists must be able to arrange transport of work to Cary Visual Art by September 30, 2011.
4. All work must be original.
5. All artwork must be for sale.
6. Artwork may be any media (ie: Painting, Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, Jewelry, small-scale indoor Sculpture, Pottery, Woodworking).
7. Work must be suitable for indoor installation.
8. Work must be ready for display upon delivery (ie: Mounted, framed, etc).
9. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick-up of their artwork if it is not sold by January 6, 2012 or the artwork becomes property of CVA.
10. While all reasonable care and precaution will be taken in the handling and installation of the work, Cary Visual Art will not be responsible for the loss of or damage to any work, nor liability for the artist. Cary Visual Art advises that all artists insure their artwork.
11. CVA reserves the right to photograph any work for documentation, education and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
12. Participation in the entry process constitutes a full understanding and acceptance of the conditions set forth above.
There is no entry fee.
Artist agrees to allow the proceeds over a set price be donated to Cary Visual Art if sold in the silent auction. The set price (set by the artist) will be paid to the artist by Cary Visual Art if the artwork is sold.
- Entries must be submitted by Monday, September 5, 2011.
- Notification of acceptance or non-acceptance will occur the week of September 12, 2011.
- Accepted artworks must be delivered to Cary Visual Art by September 30, 2011 and picked up if not sold by January 6, 2012.
Click here to download Artist Application Form.