Historic Interpretations, Inc. is looking for talented and energetic actors and improvers for a 4 hour benefit themed around the short story by Washington Irving, “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”.
Auditions will be held Saturday, August 18th from 1:00pm – 5:00pm*
Auditions will be held at: 8032 Ray Rd. Raleigh, NC 27613
We are looking for actors of all ages. All those interested should fill out an Audition Form online before August 15th. In return you will receive a specific audition time based on your availability. This performance is a combination of improvisation and scripted play. Roles will be portrayed as accurately as possible to the original text. Experience is not necessary.
Please prepare the following in addition to filling out your Audition Form:
- Short 1-2 minute piece, preferably memorized, of your choice
- If you sing, please prepare a short song of your choice
- Come prepared to talk a bit about yourself, your experience, and your availability in the months of September and October
- Performance is October 27th from 7pm to 11pm.
- Check out www.sleepyhollowball.com for more information and to fill out an Audition Form.
* Special audition appointments are available for those not able to attend August 18th, but only upon request.
Cast of Characters
- Ichabod Crane– lanky, superstitious scholar, male aged 18-30
- Brom Bones –town mischief-maker, male aged 18 – 30
- Baltus Van Tassel– wealthy and prosperous farmer, the host of the event, male aged 30-60
- Katrina Van Tassel – innocent object of Ichabod and Brom’s affections, female aged 18-30
- ‘Old’Brouwer – Storyteller, man or woman aged 30-60
- Headless Horseman – Hessian soldier/specter, N/A
- Dame Van Tassel – wife of Baltus Van Tassel, female 30-60
- Katrina’s “Ladies”– 2-3 young ladies, friends of Katrina, female 18 – 30
- Brom Bones Gang (Derick, Dirk, & Dean)– 3 young men, friends of Brom, male 18-30
- Miss Patterson – young lady, female age 18 – 30
- Various Ensemble Cast – men, women and children of various ages
Director: Jaclyn Bell Audition Registration link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHZUY3VkRGE0OTJsQTkzOXNfZjBjQmc6MQ no role is dependent on gender, age, or race – all are encouraged to audition.
This is volunteer only. Not for pay. The production benefits the programs of Historic Interpretations, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and presentation of history.
Historic Interpretations, Inc Media
Real People + Real History = Real Life
www.historicinterpretations.org | 919. 339.1558 | http://historicinterpretations.ning.com/