Happy National Tortellini Day

The vast majority of Americans are raving fans of tortellini

Consider this:

91% of Americans like tortellini.

To conduct the Three Bridges Tortellini Day Survey, the researchers at Three Bridges [www.threebridges.com/] — a chef-crafted pasta, sauce, and meal brand that makes clean eating easy—asked 2,000 Americans how they go ‘tort’ally crazy for America’s favorite pasta.

*** THREEBRIDGES.COM TORTELLINI DAY SURVEY ***
(survey of 2,000 Americans, conducted on Feb. 6. 2018)

>> LESS THAN 1% OF AMERICANS HATE TORTELLINI

Among those who know what tortellini is (hello, 74% of Americans!) 38% say they love it, while another 53% like it. Only 9% dislike it.

>> 35% OF AMERICANS THINK TORTELLINI IS FANCIER THAN NORMAL PASTA

Another 28% say tortellini makes them feel fancy, even if they’re just adding sauce. 7% of Americans have even served it to impress someone!

>> 1 IN 10 AMERICANS HAVE MADE THEIR OWN TORTELLINI

Another 6% say they’ll only eat homemade tortellini. The other 94% thank heavens for pre-made pasta.

>> 78% OF AMERICANS GO CRAZY FOR CHEESE

America’s top 5 favorite tortellini fillings are:

#1: Cheese (21%)

#2: Triple cheese (19%)

#3: Chicken and cheese (19%)

#4: Spinach and cheese (19%)

#5: Italian sausage (13%)

Women are almost 10% more likely to prefer cheese in their tortellini (81 vs. 72%).

*** Source: www.threebridges.com ***

So, we want to hear it in the comments! What’s your favorite type of tortellini?

Published
Categorized as Reviews

By Susie Potter

Susie Potter is a 2009 graduate of Meredith College where she majored in English. She holds graduate degrees in teaching and American literature from North Carolina Statue University. In addition to her work for Triangle Arts and Entertainment, she is an award-winning author of short fiction. Works have appeared in The Colton Review, Raleigh Quarterly, Broken Plate Magazine, Big Muddy: A Journal of the Mississippi River Valley, the Chaffey Review, and Existere. For more information visit SusiePotter.com.