FULL FRAME DOCUMENTARY FILM FESTIVAL CHOSEN AS AN ACADEMY AWARD® QUALIFYING FESTIVAL IN THE DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT CATEGORY(0)
Decision Follows Similar Announcement by Producers Guild of America DURHAM, NC – Friday, February 22, 2013 – The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences notified the Full Frame Documentary Film Festival this week that it has been chosen as an Academy Award® qualifying festival in the Documentary Short Subject category. A short documentary [...]Full Story»
Raleigh, N.C. – United Arts Council of Raleigh and Wake County and the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce have named recipients of the annual Business Support of the Arts Awards, recognizing outstanding contributions to the arts in our area by businesses, organizations, and individuals. Awards are given in four categories: large business, small business, individual [...]
he annual Full Frame Tribute will be presented to Stanley Nelson for his significant contribution to the documentary form.
The 2012 Thematic Program will focus on family, with a series of films curated by Ross McElwee. McElwee will also present his most recent film “Photographic Memory” at the April event.
Reflections: Portraits by Beverly McIver is an exhibition celebrating McIver’s prodigious work from the past decade, highlighting her renowned, emotive self-portraits and portraits of her family.
More in this category
- The Art of Giving
- World Beer Festival returns for it’s 16th year!
- Artist Co-Op Supports Revitalization in Southern Wake
- Artistic Abandon
- Hammonds House Museum Invites Raleigh Artist To Join “Art Atlanta”
- Plans Are Set For The Third Annual Epicurious Vino Challenge
- Best Barbecue in the Triangle – Reader’s Choice Awards
- Frank Frazetta: The Greatest?
- Frank Frazetta— Artist, Illustrator, Painter with Fire
- How to Submit Your Art Work to a Commercial Art Gallery
- NORTH CAROLINA MUSEUM OF ART, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT MUSEUMS IN THE AMERICAN SOUTH, REOPENS IN APRIL 2010 FOLLOWING TRANSFORMATIVE EXPANSION