PineCone celebrates its 25th Anniversary with a Listening Room Series featuring national and up-and-coming touring artists in an intimate venue with outstanding acoustics.
This year’s lineup includes The Kruger Brothers on Saturday, Feb. 27, the Red Stick Ramblers on Saturday, April 10, and The Claire Lynch Band on Saturday, June 19. All performances begin at 8 p.m.
The Listening Room Series began in 2008 as a partnership between PineCone and the Town of Holly Springs. With a mission to preserve, present and promote traditional music, PineCone is a non-profit organization that presents more than 100 music events each year, including concerts, participatory music sessions, a weekly radio show on 94.7 WQDR, and more. Most of PineCone’s programs are free and open to the public. The Listening Room Series features national and up-and-coming artists in an intimate 200-seat theater that offers the audience an up-close and personal listening experience.
“This series allows us to offer listeners the opportunity to hear established traditional musicians and up-and-coming artists in an excellent listening room environment in Holly Springs,” said William Lewis, PineCone’s Executive Director.
This is the third year of the Listening Room Series. Tickets go on sale on Monday, December 7 at 9 a.m. Tickets can be ordered by phone at 919-567-4000, online at www.etix.com, or in person at the Holly Springs Cultural Arts Center, located at 300 W Ballentine St in Holly Springs. Complete information is available at www.pinecone.org
Saturday, February 27
The Kruger Brothers
The Kruger Brothers’ musical style defies definition, encompassing all styles of music through their personal individual development, classical European musical influences, and love of the American spirit. Combine it all together and the result is what can only be described as new American music.
Artist Website: www.krugerbrothers.com
- LOCATION: Holly Springs Cultural Center, 300 W Ballentine St, Holly Springs (http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/dept/park/culture/)
- DATES/TIMES: Dates vary. All shows begin at 8 p.m.
- TICKETS: By Phone: Holly Springs Box Office: 919-567-4000; Online at www.etix.com; in person: Holly Springs Box Office, 300 W Ballentine St, Holly Springs, NC (M-Th: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Fri & Sat: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.; 1 hour before showtime)
- PRICE: $20 PineCone members, $25 general public
- ON SALE DATE: Dec. 7
- EVENT SPONSOR: PineCone – the Piedmont Council of Traditional Music, Inc.
- INFORMATION: www.pinecone.org