“The Way I Am” Goes Platinum
Singer/songwriter Ingrid Michaelson will be heading out this summer on a national headlining tour. After finishing up dates with Mat Kearney and Barenaked Ladies, Ingrid will kick off her headlining tour in Toronto on June 7th at the Phoenix Concert Theatre. Michaelson will also appear at both Lilith Fair and Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.
Michaelson’s new single, “Everybody,” off her latest album, took off after Ingrid’s announcement of a fan video contest and a performance on the Rachael Ray Show on March 26th. The “Everybody” video contest, which received over 160 entries and over 1,000,000 views, asked fans to perform the song in a new and creative way, film it and upload their video to YouTube. The grand prize winner will be performing their version of “Everybody” on stage with Ingrid at an upcoming concert.
Michaelson’s hit single, “The Way I Am,” was recently performed on American Idol by contestant Didi Benami and the ensuing public demand for the track pushed sales over 1 million, certifying it platinum. Ingrid’s work is just as sought after across the pond where, “Parachute,” the hit single she wrote for UK sensation Cheryl Cole, is now #1 airplay and #4 on the single sales chart.
Ingrid has appeared on Good Morning America, Live with Regis & Kelly, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Rachael Ray Show, Late Night With Conan O’Brien and The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and her music has been featured on numerous TV programs. All of Ingrid’s music is released via her own Cabin 24 label which has sold nearly 500,000 albums and over 1.5 million singles to date. Cabin 24 Records has released “Everybody” as part of a unique marketing and distribution arrangement via Original Signal/Universal Motown.
Lincoln Theatre http://www.lincolntheatre.com/
- On August 25th, 2009, Ingrid released her new album Everybody, which immediately hit #1 on iTunes Top Albums sales chart.
- “Maybe,” the first single off of Everybody, was the #1 most added single at Hot AC radio tying Madonna and Kelly Clarkson, reached #2 on Triple A charts and Top 20 at Hot AC. Current single, “Everybody,” just released at Triple A.
- SOLD OUT fall 2009 North American tour August 31st in Massachusetts—26 states and 3 Canadian territories. Winter 2010 co-headline tour with Mat Kearney, followed by a week with Barenaked Ladies, headline tour of UK, Bonnaroo, Lilith and more headline North American dates.
- Recent and upcoming TVs include: Good Morning America on October 19, 2009, Ellen Jan 21, 2010 and CBS Early Show Feb 20, 2010, Rachael Ray March 26, 2010.
- Has toured with both Dave Matthews Band and Jason Mraz and performed on Good Morning America, Live with Regis & Kelly, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Late Night With Conan O’Brien, and Last Call With Carson Daly, graced the cover of Billboard magazine and has been featured in People, Rolling Stone, The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, Paste, and The New Yorker.
- Has had 10 songs featured on Grey’s Anatomy as well as other TV shows, films and national ad campaigns for Old Navy, Chrysler and Hallmark. “The Way I Am” has recently been featured twice during the current 2010 season of American Idol.
- Has sold 500,000 albums and over 2.3 million singles to date via her own Cabin 24 label. Platinum single – “The Way I Am”.
Media Reaction to Everybody
“Ingrid Michaelson returns with a new batch of lovably quirky tunes… while the joyful title track should delight fans of her breakout single “The Way I Am,” introspective songs like “The Chain” channel the soft-spoken power of Joni Mitchell over swelling arrangements.”
“A heartfelt folk-ballad… an unusually breezy breakup song.”
-People Magazine on Maybe
“Cheerful lounge-pop ode to our universal need for love.”
-Elle Magazine on Everybody
“Everybody is truly everybody’s.”
“Building a following by placing songs on TV, Michaelson has channeled the folk-lounge pop… into MySpace-era success.”
-Entertainment Weekly on Everybody
“She’s back with the just-released album “Everybody,” which ruminates on the dark side of love in songs that are undeniably pop but stretch mainstream boundaries… the poster child for indie success.”
For additional media and up-to-the-minute tour information visit: