We are looking for performers of all ages to portray the characters from the traditional English Christmas Play, Saint George and the Dragon. The show is a short, fun comedy with traditional Christmas songs, sword fights, and physical comedy. There are a variety of roles, both singing and non-singing. Experience is not necessary.
Auditions on October 20th* between 1 and 5pm are open to the public. All those interested should fill out an Audition Form online before October 18th (http://bit.ly/historystage). In return you will receive a specific audition time based on your availability.
Please prepare the following in addition to filling out your Audition Form:
- Short 1-2 minute piece, preferably memorized, of your choice
- If you sing, please prepare a short song of your choice
- Come prepared to talk a bit about yourself, your experience, and your availability in the months of November and December
Performances are December 20th, 21st, and 22nd at 8pm and December 22nd at 2pm.
For more information, call 919-339-1558 or visit MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from “www.facebook.com” claiming to be http://www.historystage.org/
* Special audition appointments are available for those not able to attend October 20th, but only upon request.
Cast of Characters
- Father Christmas – The ‘spirit’ of Christmas.
- Maid Molly – A chamber maid who assists Father Christmas
- Captain Slasher – A soldier who is desirous of fame and renown.
- The Dark Prince of Paradine – A villain.
- The Egyptian Knight – A humble hero.
- Saint George – A renowned hero who is good to his very core.
- The Doctor – A quack who peddles snake oil remedies which rarely work.
- Dame Dolly – The most desirable woman in all of England.
- Princess Holly – The eldest daughter of King Alfred, the King of England
- Princess Ivy – The younger daughter of King Alfred.
- King Alfred – The King of England who is willing to feed his daughter to the Dragon.
- Queen Elizabeth – The Queen of England and mother to the princesses.
- The Dragon – A horrible beast terrorizing the country.
- John Finney – A simpleton.
- Various Ensemble Cast – men, women and children of various ages
No role is dependent on gender, age, or race – all actors are encouraged to audition!
Historic Interpretations, Inc Media
Real People + Real History = Real Life
www.historicinterpretations.org | 919. 339.1558