RALEIGH, N.C. – North Carolina Theatre and Broadway Series South are excited to announce their 2015-16 season at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. This Blockbuster season is full of shows so popular they’ve made it to the big screen and back. The season begins in September with the record-breaking Dirty Dancing – the Classic Story on Stage, followed by the beloved classic Sondheim musical and recent box-office hit Into the Woods, as well as Ragtime, Grease, and the Pulitzer Prize winning play, W;t. To finish the season, we’re thrilled to bring to the stage one of the most popular Disney movies of all time with Disney’s and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins.
2015/16 Broadway Season at a Glance
- Dirty Dancing – the Classic Story on Stage*, September 8 – 13, 2015 – This record-breaking live theatre sensation brings the hit movie to life! Seen by millions of people across the globe, the classic story on stage features all your favorite songs from ‘Hungry Eyes’ to the heart-stopping ‘I’ve Had the Time of My Life.’
- Into the Woods, October 20 – 25, 2015 – Straight off the success of the hit motion picture, venture into the woods with us and learn what happens to your favorite fairytale characters before and after the words “happily ever after.”
- Ragtime*, January 12 – 17, 2016 – Winning Tony Awards® for Best Book and Best Musical Score, this 13 time Tony Award® nominated musical is a timeless celebration of life – what it could and should be! Bloomberg News says, “Ragtime is nothing short of a masterpiece.”
- Grease, February 9 – 14, 2016 – Get out your leather jackets, pull on your bobby socks and take a trip to the fabulous fifties with the original rock ‘n roll high school musical, GREASE! Still one of the most popular musicals of all time!
- Wit, April 29 – May 8, 2016 – In Margaret Edson’s Pulitzer Prize-winning play, Wit follows a brilliant and exacting poetry professor as she reassess her life with profundity and humor as she undergoes an experimental cancer treatment.
- Disney’s and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins, July 26 – 31, 2016 – Everyone’s favorite nanny takes the stage in this Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious musical adventure. One of the most popular Disney movies of all time comes to life in this “practically perfect” musical!
Lisa Grele Barrie, President & CEO said, “We are so excited for the stories we get to share this season; everything from the whimsical to the dramatic. Fly away with us as we explore themes of fantasy vs. reality, the teenage coming of age, cultural collisions, and our own mortality in a season full of shows that will both enlighten and inspire you.”
Season Ticket Information
Season Subscriptions now available for new and renewing subscribers. Packages start as low as $154 for all six shows. For more info, visit www.nctheatre.com or call the Box Office at 919-831-6941 x 6944.
*In collaboration with Broadway Series South